Thursday, September 24, 2009

Upcoming Projects

I'm working on two Cocos2D templates or rather what I call "starter apps". They will have the basic skeleton for a Cocos2D game without the actual game code. One for landscape and the other for portrait.

For me basic skeleton is this layout

Menu with Play, Settings & About

Game - would play the game after a nice 3 second count down and include a pause button
Settings - turn on/off sound and pick menu transition types
About - info panel(s)

Why? Well, this is about the only way I can give back to the Cocos2D community and my goal is to help a few other developers improve their games by demonstrating some simple menu techniques. With the power of Cocos2D there really isn't any reason an app should be released without these basic items (IMO).

No comments:

Post a Comment